The house of aksakal Seydallin is a building in Almaty, built for a prominent Muslim figure of the Verny city – Seid Akhmed Seydallin in the middle of XIX century.
This building was one of the few that survived the terrible earthquake in 1887. The building is an example of urban development in the late 19th century. It is a wooden two-storey log house made of Tien Shan fir tree on a stone foundation, with a high ground floor separated from the upper by cornice.
In different years of the Soviet period there were various organizations in this building. Thus, in 1917-19 years the building housed a department of the Russian Communist Party (Bolsheviks). Later there was a publishing house of the first newspaper in Kazakh language “Zhetysu”. In 1980, after the restoration, the “Republican Museum of Kazakh Folk Musical Instruments of the Kazakh SSR” was organized. Today this building is a monument of history and culture of republican value.