This is the most popular attraction of the natural park "Altyn-Emel." Barkhan is on the “7 wonders of Kazakhstan” list and is recognized as a natural monument of republican significance. It is located on the right bank of the Ili River in the southern part of the reserve. On the way to the place you will see many of the “Altyn-Emel” stunning landscapes.
The music of wind
Barkhan is known, first of all, for the sounds that it makes when the wind blows. Someone says that it sounds like the roar of aircraft turbines, someone hears mysterious melodies, someone seems to hear the roar of a dragon ... In any case, the dune can “sing” only in dry weather, because the sound appears because of large-scale friction sand particles against each other.
The sandy mountain has a height of 120 meters. It is popular with a very unusual category of people - lovers of ski and snowboarding. They say that rolling on the sandy slope gives you a special feeling and allows you to extract special sounds from it and even “play” your own melody on the dunes. So, if you can skate, you can take your equipment with you and try it out for yourself.
- Transfer from hotel or meet point, guide services (including interpreter)
- Lunch (hot meal, sandwiches, hot tea)
- Guide services (including interpreter)
- Professional photography, shooting from a drone (short video) - optional
- Trekking boots or sneakers
- Bring at least 2 liters of water with you
- Some snacks to eat
Also Check Out