Having traveled 200 kilometers from the city of Almaty, you will encounter a tremendous miracle of nature - the Charyn Canyon. Brick-red rocks opened up to a height of 150-300 meters, and at the bottom of the river flows a stormy mountain river with the same name - Charyn. Extreme riders raft on the river, and camping lovers spend the night in tents there.
The origin of the gorge
Many people call Charyn canyon the little brother of the American Grand Canyon. It is really a little inferior to Grand Canyon in size, but not inferior in the beauty of the landscape. The age of the Charyn canyon is 12 million years. It originated from an ancient earthquake, which split the ground and left huge cracks in the earth.
The richness of flora and fauna
The jerboa and foxes, ermines and gazelles, gophers and mountain goats - the wild inhabitants of the gorge surprise you with their diversity and beauty. The flora of the gorge is no less rich - a small grove of rare trees that existed in prehistoric times more than 25 million years ago was preserved in the canyon. This species is called Sogdian ash. On our planet, it can only be found here and in North America.
- Transfer from hotel or meet point, guide services (including interpreter)
- Lunch (hot meal, sandwiches, hot tea)
- Professional photography, shooting from a drone (short video) - optional
- Guide services (including interpreter)
- Trekking boots or sneakers
- Bring at least 2 liters of water with you
- Some snacks to eat
- Do not enter the river - strong flow