Currently Akimat (City Hall) of Almaty city works on preparation for Nauryz Meiram celebration. To be more specific, Akimat focuses on filling of tents for festive trade and free distribution of Nauryz Kozhe (traditional dairy beverage) and baursaks (traditional deep-fry bun) from March 21 to March 23 of this year. Moreover, during the period from March 21 to March 24 of this year 14 additional festive trade points (food trucks) were attracted.
To date, 6 locations have been defined in the city of Almaty for the installation of catering areas.
30 tents (size 5x5)
28 wooden pavilions (size 3x3)
14 food trucks
Will be installed for catering at:
- Panfilov Street - 20 points for tent restaurants and 6 tents for free food distribution, as well as 14 food chains points;
- Zhibek Zholy Street - 7 points for the installation of catering;
- Halyk Arena Ice Palace - 10 points for catering;
- Almaty Arena Ice Palace - 10 points for catering;
- Sunkar International Ski Jump Complex - 10 points for catering;
- Atakent Kazakhstan Center for Business Cooperation - 3 points for catering;
Total amount of free distribution:
- • Nauryz kozhe – 7 tons;
- • Baursaks – 5 tones.
Additionally, the issue of providing free distribution at trade stationeries on Panfilov and Zhibek Zholy streets, as well as setting summer venues for residents and visitors of the city, is being worked out.
Rent of tents and pavilions:
- • Tent – 80 000 tenge for 3 days and 20 000 tenge for common style designing the total amount is 100 000 tenge. The payment for rent lies on restaurants.
- • Pavilion - 20 000 tenge per day. The payment for rent lies on restaurants.
- • Additionally during the period from March 21 to March 23 of this year it is planned to hold a Best Nauryz menu awards among restaurateurs of Almaty.